Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano assured the public that the CCTV footages of the shooting incident at the Senate last week have been immediately secured.
According to the Senate leader, they are ready to share the said videos with authorities.
Cayetano clarified that on the very day of the shooting incident at the Senate, Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jonvic Remulla already reached out to him.
This was to ensure that the CCTV footages of the incident on the night of May 13 would be secured.
According to Senator Cayetano, he ordered the Sergeant-at-Arms to release a copy of the video.
"I'd like to clarify na agad-agad sinecure yung CCTV sa Senate. Marami pong theories, marami pong haka-haka, maraming nagpupush ng narrative. Isa sa unang sinabi sa akin ni Secretary Jonvic Remulla ay pagdating sa Senate, we will secure the Senate, we will make sure that everyone's safe. Sabi niya, Senate President, or kilala naman niya ako, so sabi niya, Alan, please make sure may access kami at na-secure yung CCTV. So as soon as I saw the Sergeant-at-Arms, sinabi ko na parating dito si Secretary Remulla, make sure that in front of them, makita nila yung CCTV, tapos may dalawang kopya. May kopya tayo, may kopya sila," Cayetano said.
("I'd like to clarify that the CCTV at the Senate was immediately secured. There are many theories, many speculations, many people pushing a narrative. One of the first things Secretary Jonvic Remulla told me was that upon arriving at the Senate, we will secure the Senate, we will make sure that everyone's safe. He said, Senate President — or since he knows me, he said, Alan — please make sure we have access and the CCTV is secured. So as soon as I saw the Sergeant-at-Arms, I told him that Secretary Remulla was on his way here, make sure that in front of them, they will see the CCTV, and there should be two copies. We have a copy, they have a copy.")
Senate President Cayetano emphasized that full transparency in the investigation is a priority of the new Senate leadership.
Because of this, he said they are ready to provide copies of the CCTV to all authorities that will request them for the investigation.
"So as far as I can recall, joint investigation ito. Kailangan full transparency. Hindi pwede natin sabihin jurisdiction natin ito, so tayo lang mag-iimbestiga. Klarong-klaro po yun na sinabi natin na to be transparent. At naibigay ka agad 'to sa PNP at DILG. So sa lahat ng humihingi ng kopya, maging sa Office of the Ombudsman, maging sa NBI," he added.
("So as far as I can recall, this is a joint investigation. There has to be full transparency. We cannot say this is our jurisdiction alone, so only we will investigate. It was made very clear that we said we would be transparent. And we immediately gave [copies] to the PNP and DILG. So to all those requesting copies, including the Office of the Ombudsman and the NBI.")
Meanwhile, Acting Sergeant-at-Arms, retired Police Major General Mao Aplasca, also issued an official statement.
The Office of the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms (OSAA) strongly denied the fake news circulating on social media and some media outlets claiming that no video was obtained from the second floor of the building.
In the released statement, the OSAA said that on the night of May 14, it formally turned over to the Philippine National Police - Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) National Capital Region the original and unaltered copies of the CCTV footages.
The OSAA warned that the spread of unverified and fake information only damages the integrity of the ongoing investigation.
The Senate leadership thus appealed to the media and the public to be responsible and to trust only official documents.
















.jpg)






